Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: To port or not to port?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member 217gsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Without going to Endyn for their incredibly expensive porting, what kind of porting would everyone recommend for a JR supercharger (GSR kit)? I'm almost positive that there are locations where the airflow can benefit by being smoothed and channeled.

    Anyone ever port their exhaust manifold ports (block side)?

    I'm just looking for an interesting weekend project. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Joe,

    Take your wife out to dinner this weekend instead !!!

    heheh

    Much testing has been done to try and find extra ponies by smoothing and "gasket-matching" any and all of the intake and exhaust orifices... and so far, none have shown any repeatable SIGNIFICANT improvement over the stock parts under streetable boost conditions.

    A few years ago, SCC did a $1500 ExtrudeHone job on their project 150 civic... the HP increase was a whopping ONE horsepower !!! Truthfully, this could be due to dyno error... so who really knows.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member blownLS's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2001
    Posts
    190
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My head is ported and polished from a reputable machine shop. I port matched my JR intake manifold to the head myself. I can't say it made any noticable difference. But, I am sure it is helping to cut down on some heat. The inside of my intake manifold looked nasty from the casting process. Had a lot of burs and blimishes. My own labor is free so I said what the hell with a Dremel!!!

    Sorry, No measurable gains to give you. Good luck.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry Joe...
    I guess that was not "PC" enough.

    Yes, take your "Girlfriend" out to dinner instead.

    LOL

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 217gsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That sounds pretty good. I guess I'll avoid the mess and trouble.

    Jim . . .I guess I will take my "girlfriend" out somewhere nice! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Thanks guys!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •